Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Balacing the beans

Abay has returned from Eritrea WITHOUT the Jebena!  I've been looking forward to learning to prepare and serve coffee the traditional way but unfortunately my green coffee beans will have to wait.  In the interim I've been able to clearly define my coffee preferences.  As promised, Zeke got the details about the DiBruno's Family Blend and now I know why I love it - Indonesian beans are my favorite (I don't know much about Honduran beans) and the roast level is precisely where I like it - full city/vienna - resulting in shiny beans and a great body.  I tend to avoid the charred bitter after taste of beans roasted at higher temperatures, unless it's a finjan al qahwah. 

I'm looking forward to experimenting at home but the missing jebena is not my only dilema.  I'm trying to cut caffeine so I've been blending 2/3 decaf beans with 1/3 regular beans.  The results have been pretty good but I think I need to get a slightly better decaf bean.  I think I may try OVC when I replenish my supply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment