Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oops

After my walk this morning I stopped in WF to refill the water, get a piece of brie, and grab something for lunch (it's Thursday so I have to plan lunch in the morning).  I ended up getting a bag of brussel sprouts because they were on sale and the ones we had for dinner last night were very good and some other miscellaneous items.  I also decided to diverge from burger night and make my grandmothers version of chicken caccitore in the crockpot before I head out the door. 

I headed to the cheese department and grabbed a piece of seaside for the kids and tasted an australian aged cheddar that I was hoping would be just as good but it was salty.  Then I asked for prima donna and the clerk offered me parrano as an option.  I asked for a sample and it was very nice.  I have gone to WF and frequently asked for prima donna and have been offered a range of aged goudas but this one hit the spot and it's cheaper.  I found a rind of robusto (parrano's cousin) in the fridge from June...I must had gotten distracted by the cherries. 

That's when I saw Brandon and started hassling him about the plastic wrap...he gave me some waxed paper to shut me up.  Then I told him how ridiculous it was that they never have prima donna...he enlightened me - there are some unnatural ingredients in prima donna hence WF doesn't carry it.  We talked a bit more and I learned that he's the head cheese guy and also makes  the mozzarella for the store.  He admitted that there any store associate can work in the cheese department but said that there are 3 people who know quite a bit about cheese.  Brandon reads the Cheese Primer and knows more about cheese than I initially gave him credit for.

No comments:

Post a Comment