Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Faux flatbread

I had taken a pack of ground beef from the freezer so I had to come up with something tasty for dinner that didn't involve noodles.  I took a shot at a kafta flatbread and had decent results.  I mixed the beef with cumin, cilantro, mint, onions, garlic, cloves, coriander, and other seasonings and let the concoction sit for 10 minutes or so.  I wasn't confident that I had the right blend of seasonings but I had to go with my best guess as I've never cooked Lebanese food before. 

I had my daughter roll out a TJs refrigerated pizza dough then I flattened the meat onto the dough...I couldn't decide if I should brown it first but I thought it wouldn't take long since I was using grassfed meat and the oven was very hot.  It was finished in less than 10 minutes and I topped with pickles and olives (tomatoes aren't really in season).  I think I'll try a lebnah and zatar version for breakfast this weekend. 

For dessert I attempted to make a cocktail - a refreshing Lebanese fruit, cream, and nut drink.  I really had no idea as to how to construct the drink or what kind cream to use so I assembled it like a parfait:  pureed strawberries, evaporated milk (might go with condensed next time), crushed almonds, pureed mango, crushed pistachios. 

Although I forgot to make a veggie on the side, dinner was pretty darned good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment