Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, October 24, 2011

Patty surprise

I think that we are finally eating within out means...eschewing our filet mignon taste to fit with our ground chuck money.

Sunday I made salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. The kids love brussel sprouts, my son likes to sword fight with the stalk.   I think brussel sprouts were one of my dads favorite vegetables but I didn't know they grew on a stalk until I got them in my CSA share a few years ago.  As long as they're not over cooked, they're simply delicious.

Tuesday I sauteed chipped steak with onions, topped with montery jack and steamed broccoli on the side.

Wednesday it was patties again.  I wanted to do a red gravy (sauce) but couldn't mentally reconcile that with potatoes so I did pasta with sauteed asparagus. I pan grilled the patties and topped the pasta as if it were a meatball. 

I don't think I cooked again until I made pancit on Saturday using frozen chicken thighs, a kohlrabi, and some bok choi that was lingering in the fridge. 

I'm embracing the reality of the economic downturn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment