Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, October 31, 2011

Easy does it

For the life of me I can't figure out why my days have been so hectic.

I made sirloin for dinner Wednesday; Thursday it was every man for himself and Friday I planned to make spaghetti but...

I spent the entire day working on a presentation (of course I had to read all of the source material).  I had just sauteed the onions and garlic when my friend called at 5 to say she was getting on the train. I was supposed to pick her up at 550, drop my son at soccer, then head to see Angela Davis at 630. It was all in the same area but the problem was I needed to cook and take a shower.

Miraculously I got the meat browned and the sauce simmering by 515 and asked my daughter to boil the noodles while I was in the shower...which she did, past al dente.  Somehow I made it to 30th Street by 6 with 3 containers of spaghetti.  She ignored my "rush job" disclaimer and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Saturday I was out the entire day and part of the night so dinner was a frozen pizza I picked up from WF.
Sunday we had a simple yet flavorful meal that took less than 30 minutes to prepare. Cod, pearl couscous, and broccoli. The only reason I made cod is because my grandmother ordered it the last time we went to Cracker Barrel...apparently cod was quite popular when she was growing up in Baltimore. 

My daughter requested that I pan sear it (clearly too many episodes of Chef Ramsey), I obliged and was quite pleased with the results.  The fish is flaky and almost sweet.  I think it's the same fish that Betty's uses...maybe I'll make a batter and serve fish and chips next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment