Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, October 24, 2011

Experience matters

I've become complacent with my metropolitan brie - it's fantastic for breakfast or a light dinner if coupled with almonds and a piece of fruit...honey crisp apples or red grapes are nice compliments.  The problem is, buying it has become a non-event.  I walk up to the cheese counter, grab my wedge and go...it just feels wrong.  I made the mistake of trying to engage the clerk at the South Street WF Friday night...needless to say I won't be stopping there for cheese.

I finally made it back to DiBruno's...it's the first time I noticed that the cheese is wrapped in plastic.  I was with my aunt so of course she bought olives, sund drieds, and prima donna...they were out of her French Swiss.  I ended up buying a few pickled assortments - I think peppadews are my new favorite (my daughter stuffed hers with the seasoned mozzarella balls), the house brie (almost spreadable), and the moses sleeper, a Vermont brie with a decent rind.  My daughter's on a cheddar kick so she got Beechers Flagship Reserve in honor of American Cheese month (maybe I should pull out the panini press). Matt's enthusiasm has increased and he even introduced us to a nice aged gouda...but it's just not the same without Zeke. 

I think my daughter's foreign languages (Latin & French) are becoming a bit too experiential.  Yesterday she wanted me to buy the crepe kit from Williams Sonoma.  Today it was Nutella in convenient serving size packs, but of course she needs croissants from WF to go with.  The worst part is she wants me to bring her to DiBruno's every Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment