Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Domestic Diva

I'm really on a roll with kitchen related tasks...cleaning, planning, etc...this blog is definitely inspiring. For some reason, right before I was supposed to leave out for middle school back-to-school-night, I decided to clean the refrigerator and the stove and was tempted to run the self-cleaning oven, but one problem - a cockatiel named Monkey. I will have to put her in her cage outside for a few hours tomorrow so I can get the oven looking good as new.

I also decided to make chicken salad...there was a family pack of split breasts in the freezer, I partially thawed those and boiled them with my concoction...Grandmom Lou makes the best chicken salad - she is the chicken salad queen - everyone is always requesting her salad - oh, can you get your grandmom to make chicken salad, etc...she taught me her secret and yes there's a secret technique...

I forgot to get celery but that's ok...the chicken salad still turned out pretty tasty - it's for the kid's lunch tomorrow...they've been on this tossed salad kick, but tomorrow they'll have chicken salad on the side.

Now I must wash my sister's hair...10:30pm on a school night...perhaps I'm taking this domestic thing just a bit too far.

1 comment:

  1. Truly you are out of control! Again, but we expect nothing less...I want chicken salad too!

    ReplyDelete