Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, October 4, 2009

My insides are all tingly


I think I'm a little excited and clearly back on the soup path. After the Girl Scout meeting this morning, I decided to go ahead and make another soup. I used to make something similar to a shell-fish chowder, so I tried to recreate it...this time though I made it less creamy, using only creme fraiche instead of tons of heavy cream.

I started with a mirepoix, like I do for many things...I did extra onions (ever since I started cooking ethnic foods, I'm totally addicted to onions, they really bring out the flavor). The flavor was pretty good, but the consistency not quite what I was looking for. When my daughter saw the soup and tasted it, she got so excited..."is this the same soup you used to make a couple of years ago?" "so, you're getting back into cooking, mom" "all that's next is baking."

Then the kids started talking about their insides being tingly. Friday night my brother-in-law stopped by with his cousin to give my son a haircut. He asked for something to eat as he always does. I offered him the salmon stew which I think I'll refer to as a cioppino, he said ok. I offered some to his cousin, he said, sure...then they saw it...my brother-in-law said he didn't think he wanted to eat it.

His cousin started looking at it saying, it has all kinds of things in here - veggies, stuff I've never seen before and my brother-in-law said, all that stuff comes from Whole Foods. Then his cousin ate it and loved it. He said it's so good, it has my insides all warm and tingly. Of course my brother-in-law tried and and loved it as well. Then they said they were going to return for the beef stew that I was preparing.

Although some might consider soup the food of peasants, it is a food that makes your insides tingly. My insides are actually tingly because the food is bringing pleasure to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment