Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, October 23, 2009

Post workout puttanesca

This morning I went to the gym for the first time in over a year.  My cousin (a fellow gym dropout) texted me and suggested that we go back to the gym.  I jumped on the elliptical machine and did 20 minutes and felt the burn - I haven't done a lick of cardio in who knows how long.  Then I rode the stationary bike for 10 minutes while we chit-chatted.

After the gym of course she and my husband wondered what we were having for lunch.  I'm more adverse to eating out now, so I thought I'd come home and make puttanesca.  The name of this dish just doesn't sound respectable.  I had it for the first time with my RN Trini friend a few weeks ago when we met for an Italian dinner after my class in Blackwood.  I thought it was tasty and that I could replicate it (garlic, olives, capers, anchovies, tomatoes)- she didn't think so...well guess what, I did masha Allah.

Surprisingly my cousin liked it, and had several helpings.

No comments:

Post a Comment