Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, July 3, 2011

3 courses, 3 hours

My mother bought a deviled egg carrier for $2 and couldn't wait to use it.  Last night I bought some drumsticks and called to tell her that she could bring some deviled eggs over today; she was thrilled.  My husband wasn't impressed with the menu - he wanted corn on the cob.  My son suggested lamb, but the loin chops were frozen...so I set the vac-pacs in water and drove to Whole Foods for the corn.  I also bought zucchini and squash.

I skinned the drumsticks and marinated them and the chops arabesque style. 

I had to take my daughter to camp so the plan was that my husband would put the food on the grill at 4 and we would eat at 5.  I got home at 450, my grandmother was sitting on the couch, but there was nothing on the grill.  I got the corn into the oven and sauteed the zucchini with onions and garlic.  We ate the zucchini at 545 as our first course.  The lamb chops came in and we at those with the corn at 630.  My grandmother absolutely loved the flavor, the meatiness, and the tenderness.  She couldn't remember the last time she had a piece of lamb that good.  I told her I saw loin chops for $16.99/lb at the market, but I had gotten mine directly from the meatpacker for around $9/lb.   

At 715 we had the main course - the deviled eggs, accompanied by the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment