Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, July 8, 2011

Jackpot

I went to Whole Foods to take advantage of the one-day-sale on cherries and hit the jackpot.  I was greeted by organic cherries from the Ranier Fruit Company - I bought 6 pounds without even tasting them.  I was beginning to think that I was going to have to quit cold turkey because the cherries I've purchased in the last few weeks were lacking to say the least.

I was even more excited when I approached the seafood counter -- I bought fresh wild caught 16/20 shrimp and a whole rockfish - both on sale. 

Finally, One Village Coffee had a sample table setup.  Initially I was going to keep going because I already know that I like the House Blend and I have decided that I would just alternate between that and Swing's G Street blend because the Allegro Blend I just bought on sale was a total waste of time.  Apparently that's because it's roasted in large batches in Colorado and shipped all across the country.  I chatted with the vendor a bit and settled on the Smart Blend (mocha java). 

I came home and immediately brewed a pot of coffee.  The aroma enveloped the house in a way that buffered the torrential downpours outside.  With one sip, I declared it my favorite (full bodied with a hint of blueberry) and before I knew it, my cup was empty and I was desperate for a refill.

Cofee and cherries just might be my two favorite berries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment