Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Snazzy snapper

I need to get on a food budget, quickly.  My last couple of trips to Whole Foods total over $200 and I don't have much to show for it.  It's the seafood.  The fish just look so inviting. 

Of course I bought cherries ($3.99/lb), some jersey tomatoes (I'm hoping they're good because I bought a couple for my grandmother and she's been dying for a "real" tomato for years), and georgia peaches.  Then i took a quick look at the seafood counter.  Nothing good was on sale, but they had snapper for $10.99/lb and it was gorgeous.  I've been thinking about making a escovitch since I saw snapper in HMart for $5.99/lb a couple of weeks ago. 

I let the fish marinade in my basic seasonings then instead of pan frying, I convection roasted for 25 minutes while I cooked the cabbage and cut up the onions, peppers, and carrots and made the sauce (vinegar, soy, tomato, and lime) for the escovitch.  I didn't have scotch bonnet so I sauteed it with a blend of chili oil and olive oil (my son loves fish and can't stand the heat). 

It was ridiculously delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment