Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

As seen on tv

It's a good thing that I don't watch a lot of television...I'm clearly easily influenced.  I've been flipping between Animal Planet and the History Channel all day and the Modern Marvels just kept sending me into the kitchen - watching the episode about the potato chip had me popping corn on the stove; the cheese episode send me for a few slices of aged gouda; and finally ice cream inspired me to make a quart of nectarines and cream. 

We brought a few nectarines from home and three have been sitting in the fridge since we got here...they were soft and a bit mushy so it was clear that no one was going to eat them.  I had half & half and sugar...all I needed was heavy cream.  I walked to get some and was almost tempted to buy some vanilla but I prefer the paste for ice cream so I passed.  Fortunately the molasses still contained in unrefined sugar added a bit of umph. 

I think that was lunch...having leftovers for dinner and will probably make the cantaloupe sorbet for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment