Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, December 19, 2011

Authenticity

Since I'm in the Low Country I thought it best to go back to the basics with tonight's dinner...it's been awhile since I've made straightforward food, so it took a little thought but the result were delicious.

I baked a chicken that I marinated in seasoning & Oduls; made macaroni & cheese (with cheddar, elbows, & eggs) - I haven't used an elbow noodle in probably a decade and haven't used eggs in mac & cheese in ages; and collards that I picked up from King's for $2.75.  For the life of me I couldn't remember what to do with the collards so I sauteed onion, garlic, and green pepper, added in smoked beef sausage, then simmered the collards.  The food was honest and easy.  

No trip to Edisto is complete without a King's Market key lime pie for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment