Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Indescribable

I have no idea what we had for dinner. My intention was to braise the ranch steak because that's what was recommended online.  When I realized the portion size wasn't nearly enough for a 4 person meal I added red lentils.

Then I went down a totally manic path, literally adding a little of this and that. The kids couldn't decide if it was Eritrean or Indian but they both had seconds.  My husband wasn't sure what flavor I was going for and thought it was an attempt at a mild Indian dish.  I had no answer to his question because of the array of spices I used.

Another point of confusion for him was the potatoes, he didn't understand why they were mashed.  In my mind they were an absorber for the "gravy."  Once the pot was simmering I had to figure out a starch - potatoes, rice, or couscous. I ended up with what my daughter called mashed potato dumplings. That's because the potatoes were gummy due to overcooking & over mixing.  Though I would never recommend them served alongside turkey or roast beef, the texture worked as an excellent base for that lentil concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment