Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blessing in disguise

This morning I planned to make absolutely nothing for dinner.  Fortunately a friend coaxed me out of idiocy and suggested a one pot meal.  Considering that it was going to be a long day (early riser basketball in the morning and ice hockey practice in the evening), it made sense to be proactive.

After an impromptu lunch meeting at Lemon Grass, I went to WF planning to grab some packs of chicken drumsticks.  Imagine my surprise when they were no longer on sale and the price had increased substantially.  Left with no choice, I purchased a family pack planning to put a spin on my grandmother's "chicken wings & sauce" dish. 

It took less than an half hour to toss the ingredients into the crockpot - diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, seasoning; topped with chicken and more seasoning, sauteed onions, garlic, and peppers; and a jar of arrabbiata sauce for good measure. 

Cooked it on high for 4 hours...perfect timing...we walked through the door and had it over linguine.  Dinner time was a medley of slurps.

No comments:

Post a Comment