Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gentrified

I've been wanting to go to Maine for the past few years but haven't committed to the drive through New England. I want to go in August so we can see the puffins but I'm also dying to sink my teeth into these $5 lobsters everyone talks about.

Apparently this all happens along Route 6 and it just so happens that in the gentrified Fairmount section of Philadelphia there's a brand new restaurant bearing the same name.  It was by chance that I dined there Friday night. I was on my way to meet a former coworker when I saw a neon crab on a sleek building and decided to go in and take a look despite the neon sign.

Inside was a bustling crowd of gentrifiers. They decor was exactly what I would imagine I would find along Route 6. We decided to give a try. The customer service was spectacular and the food was pretty good.
 
I went with the specials, scallop & lobster boudin as an appetizer and a whole grilled snapper as my entree. My friend ordered monkfish and brussel sprouts.  We shared Johnny Cakes that without the accompanying condiment would have been less than desirable. While we were waiting for the JC, the chef sent out the blue fish dip that was surprisingly delicious.

I think I may have found a place to visit when I want fresh, line caught seafood and a casual atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment