Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Boil blitz

I took a ride to Bluffton today to pick up some oysters...although there were plenty of oysters along the way, I felt compelled to patronize the company that's been in business since 1899 and those May River oysters are delectable.  I spent $30 on a dozen select oysters, 12 oz of shucked oysters, and a pound of crab claw (cocktail style).  I left there to get shrimp from Blue Water Seafood in Ridgeland based on a Yelp review; I was underimpressed but I bought 1.25 pound of head on 16/20 shrimp and 2.5 pounds of 26/30s for another $30; bringing my total seafood purchases to $80.

I deviated slightly from a traditional low country boil because I couldn't resist sauteeing onions, garlic, and tomatoes before I added the smoked beef sausage, potatoes, and corn on the cob.  I seasoned, brought to a boil, then added shrimp boil, the head on shrimp, and finally the oysters and crab claws after I turned off the heat.  Of course we had okra on the side.

Needless to say, we enjoyed every bit.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds incredible!! You guys certainly know how to vacation. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete