Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, December 5, 2011

Indian quickie

I stopped in WF Saturday morning and skinless legs were on sale; it was worth the extra 30 cents per pound because it saves a step when making tandoori.  I grabbed some hake fillet because that was on sale as well. 

Saturday (and Sunday) was a bit hectic but I managed to make it to International Spices to pick up a few things and was able to have dinner ready by 630.  I marinated the tandoori in the marinator while I prepped everything else. 

I made a rice pilaf that was reminiscent of biryani (fried onions, tomatoes, garam masala, ginger garlic paste) and a scaled down aloo baingan (onions, tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, seasoning). 

Unlike the hamburger patties we had for dinner last night, Saturday's meal was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment