Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Keema

If there's one thing I've learned from this cow share, it's how to be creative with ground beef.

Today I made keema biryani and it was unbelievably delicious; my family declared that they prefer it to chicken biryani.
 
I was able to throw the dinner together in about an hour. I prepped the rice then sauteed the onions and tomatoes for the curried okra (which ended up with quite a kick). I sauteed onions, whole spices, ginger garlic paste then browned the keema. I mixed in yogurt and red pepper then layered the meat with rice and topped with saffron milk, lemon juice, onions, cilantro, and mint. 

I stuck that in the oven for 15 minutes while I tidied up the kitchen, then we dove in and finished off our meal with mango lassis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment