Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last hurrah

I've been looking for an excuse to make macaroni and cheese all week.  I took the turkey thigh out of the freezer and planned to make for dinner Friday along with a dozen deviled eggs per my son's request.   Friday night I was invited to try "pizza" at Earth with a couple of friends so I postponed my "turkey dinner" until tonight.

It almost didn't happen because I didn't leave my 9am meeting until 3pm and I hadn't seasoned the meat and needed to stop at WF.  Fortunately I was able to adjust my plan to make the turkey in the pressure cooker instead of the oven.

I enlisted my daughter's help with cutting up the cheese and filling the eggs...I seared the turkey on both sides then added some french onion soup broth (this is going to be my new short cut) and cooked under pressure for 35 minutes while the macaroni baked.

As I was calling everyone down for dinner I realized I never made a vegetable, I grabbed a bag of frozen green beans and cooked them in a quarter cup of the french onion broth.

Egg nog was the perfect after dinner beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment