Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Boeuf

This morning we were running behind schedule; since it was clear that the kids would not make the school bus, I decided to make steak and homefries.  My father-in-law just sent us a shipment of Omaha Steaks (for the life of me, I can't find any information about how they raise their cattle, if you know, please post a comment), for the potatoes I sauteed garlic and onions and sliced up the remaining steamed potatoes from Sunday's dinner. 

Of course I went heavy on the butter and used my satin black enamel Le Creuset skillet for impeccable results.  I rubbed the steaks with crushed garlic and after they were seared, sprinkled them with Kosher salt (mimicking the churrasco method) and seared them again.  Lip smacking good. 

My husband and I started reminiscing about Restaurant du Vieux-Port, a steakhouse in Old Montreal.  This summer we had the early bird special, a steak cooked to perfection, an excellent ending to our quick trip through Canada.  I would love to return to Old Montreal, it was truly like being in Paris again.  Perhaps, my Parisian cooking excursion can be downsized to Quebec?

1 comment:

  1. Omaha Steaks are "Midwest corn-fed beef" - the crazy thing is that corn feeding is not ideal but has somehow become a marketing technique - it gets cows fatter faster.
    So the real question is - is Omaha Steaks a factory farm?
    The beef was certainly nothing like the grass-fed stuff we had in South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete