Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Buon appetite!

As I mentioned before, I love the sandwiches at Chickies, they seem so authentically Italian (or at lease Philly style Italian).  Of course I don't plan to continue spending $8 for a tuna hoagie so I've been looking for the Italian style tuna that they use on their tuna supremes and found quite a range at Wegmans...I was being frugal so I went with the Bumble Bee Tonno in Olive Oil.  This morning I made another omelet and decided on the tuna supreme for lunch.  First problem I had no Sarcone's rolls or any rolls for that matter; then I thought I'd do a carb-free version (my aunt used to make 'hoagie without the roll' back in 1995, and they were very tasty) but was still lacking other ingredients, so I had to improvise.

I quickly made an olive oil concoction of herbs and garlic, and roasted a long hot pepper. I sauteed a bunch of broccoli rabe (rapini) with a head of garlic, the other long hot, and sun-dried tomatoes.  I topped this with sharp provolone, added the tuna, a few sun-dried tomatoes, and a piece of the roasted long hot. I finished it with cracked pepper and a drizzling of the infused olive oil.  It was delizioso!

The only thing I would do differently is use one can of tonno and one bunch of rapini per person.  Thanks Chickies for the inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment