Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, January 18, 2010

Sunday with family


Dinner was interesting tonight.  Our theme was seafood - fried whiting, steamed crab legs (the aluminum pan is a result of someone putting the overflow instead of the dish on the table), sauteed shrimp; didn't want to do mussels again, and somehow the stuffed mushrooms and ravioli never surfaced - with steamed broccoli, red potatoes, and corn-on-the-cob on the side, and cheesecake for dessert (too bad I made bread pudding last week, it would've been great tonight). 

Folks started arriving with the food around 430pm...my aunt rinsed and seasoned the fish, I battered and started frying.  Neicy peeled and deveined the shrimp, I seasoned them and got my butter started and sauteed the garlic (for both the shrimp and the veggies).  My sister's friend invited herself but came with a pan of seafood salad.  My cousin called and I told her to stop and get catfish nuggets because it seemed like there wasn't going to be enough food.  It actually turned out to be plenty.

But, I think it was crowded - the guest list has expanded...I looked up and there was a line (like a restaurant buffet) and I thought, oh my.  Of course we had a blast, but I am tired...I told them we will need a bigger house if we keep this up and suggested that they all chip in and in exchange they can come over once a month...surprisingly noone seemed to think that was a fair deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment