Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, January 9, 2012

Diet reset

I've been complaining to my friend that I'm gaining inches & pounds; she suggested that we start the Whole 30 after our birthday...this means Thursday is showtime.  Today I'm all over Paleo sites trying to put together a menu.  I'm avoiding grains, legumes, dairy, and sweeteners; I think this should be relatively easy for dinner but I'm worried about breakfast, lunch, and snacks - particularly since I'm not a huge fan of eggs.  My husband wants to implement this as well but I think the kids will likely have a forbidden item or two during lunch.

Fortunately, Every Day Paleo, offers a great starting point and I was able to develop a skeleton menu plan for Thursday - Sunday and will make a plan for the following week on Sunday when I go to the market.  I'm also going to need another cow share or some lamb - we have only a few pieces remaining (london broil, cubes, tri-tip, t-bone & filet mignon, ground, and of course liver).  I have a standing Thai lunch date scheduled in the midst of this but fortunately my friend is accommodating and willing to deviate from our quest.

So here it goes, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:

Thursday - sweet potato latkes;  broccoli, cabbage, & chicken salad; chili w/ carrots & green beans
Friday - sweet potato & sausage hash; salad; t-bone & artichokes
Saturday - veggie quiche; salad; tri-tip
Sunday - veggie quiche; lettuce wrapped burger; cod & beets

3 comments:

  1. My kids won't touch a sweet potato, unfortunately, because I love them! How do you prepare your artichokes? I only know two ways - stuffed with a bread/garlic stuffing and in a stew type Algerian dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They love sweet potatoes...we either have them pressure cooked with a bit of pineapple juice or apple cider or I bake them in the oven until the syrup oozes out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I saute the artichokes with garlic and olive oil.

    ReplyDelete