Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Eager anticipation

I generally prefer to go grocery shopping alone...I can stick to my list and there's no one to ask "can we get this?" Today I took the kids with me and it worked out, they bought into "the new diet we're starting," the Whole 30.  Albeit, my son is disappointed about giving up grains because of his passion for carbs - pasta, snacks, cereal, etc.   However, my daughter was able to conceptualize ways to innovate her snacking - sugar snap peas, haricots verte, in addition to the nuts that I planned.

We bought chicken thighs, veggies, frozen fruit for coconut milk smoothies (I know we should limit fruit but I'm not sure we can do that), cashews, almonds, and pistachio meat (I plan to pull out the gumball machine and stock with nuts for a quick snack).  My husband was in a slight panic about the planned snacks - turkey jerky, veggies, and nuts...he insisted on getting apples, pears, and bananas, despite the plan to limit fruit.

My menu is planned for the week and we're stocked on food, to the tune of $150 and I still need to pick up a few items - coconut creamer, beef bacon from WF, maybe some almond yogurt, kelp noodles, coconut oil, and a new gallon of Braggs.

I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment