Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, January 22, 2012

This can't be right

Tonight's dessert was so spectacular that my daughter is certain that we're doing something wrong.  She said there's no way other Whole 30 people are having the desserts we've been having.  She said the bananas and apples made sense but pina colada can't possibly be right.

It is possible that we're making a huge mistake by having dessert several times per week, but I'm thinking that since we're rethinking dessert, we are actually doing good for the long term.

My husband is loving Whole 30 because the food is so delicious.  Once again tonight the food was demolished.  I literally threw together a pseudo pancit - I used the broccoli stems and cabbage core left over from the lunch salads, sauteed with onions and garlic - I added shrimp, a little veggie stock, tamari (I hope we're not supposed to avoid soy), and kelp noodles.  My son's teacher called as we were sitting down to eat and fortunately they made a bowl for me before they ate the entire pot.

30 minutes later they were asking for dessert.  I planned to make mango smoothies topped with almonds instead of flaxseed but after reading the ingredients on the coconut milk beverage, I'm a little turned off, not to mention I'm clearly addicted to extra creamy coconut milk.  After I blended everything together, it seemed as if I had made a mango cream but it was heavy on the coconut because I used the entire can.  I threw some pineapples into the blender along with pineapple juice and the result was pina colada.

My daughter reminded me that since we do not live in a tropical climate I had no business using coconut, mango, and pineapple this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment