Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pancakes!

Whole 30 has been a little hard on the kids, especially my daughter...the "restrictions" are causing her to lust after carbs - I can understand that she wants GS cookies, since we have hundreds of cookies in our house; but it's the nagging requests for cereal, ice cream, and other crap that's starting to wear me down.  This morning she announced that she wanted Belgian waffles.

I thought of a compromise - flourless banana pancakes - the only problem was that my son had eaten all of the ripe bananas so I searched online and found a recipe for coconut flour pancakes that I decided to give a try (I added a dash of apple pie spice & substituted vanilla bean paste for the extract).  I made topping from the one ripe banana...I was thinking that I could that some sort of almond milk glaze would have been nice but I didn't have the energy to figure it out.

When my son saw the plate he exclaimed, "I can have pancakes?!" Although he didn't notice the texture my daughter did but she enjoyed them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment