Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Slippery slope

I'm loving the crockpot and almost tempted to get another so that I can double up.  I took another stab at the Indian style curried chicken but omitted the yogurt - it didn't work well in the crockpot and I'm doing Whole 30.

I put tomatoes, celery and onions in the crockpot, frozen drumsticks, seasoning, and carrots and went about my afternoon.  When I tasted the sauce, I realized I needed something to absorb the spice but rice and/or potatoes were not an option.  The only thing I could think of was yuca, so I sent my husband for 2 and pressure cooked them for 10 minutes.

I'm having second thoughts about whether this was a good choice...this is a staple source of nutrition in many cultures but I don't know if it is too carby for Whole 30, particularly because I'm feeling a bit of 'carb let-down'.  Of course my son loved it because he said it was like eating potatoes.  He also liked the 'potato like things that taste like carrots' that I made for breakfast (parsnips & turnip homefries).

I'm beginning to worry that I'm on a slippery slope with these improvisations that I'm making...we seem to be doing a lot of pseudo carbs and sweets and it makes me nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment