Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Limited options

Eating whole 30 requires creativity and will power when eating out.  I've had several lunch meetings and have been ok with salads and fish; my family is running elevation burgers in the ground.  Elevation works because you can get a grass fed burger wrapped in lettuce while you're on the go.

Last night our refrigerator was relatively bare but I couldn't bring myself to cook anything anyway...this was problematic because there was no delivery option and it was getting late.  We finally decided on Le Bercail, it was going to cost us $30 but it was the best we could do and it was worth every penny.  I had poisson (despite it being tilapia), everyone else had dibi viande.  I made a beet & romaine salad on the side.  We ordered plantains because we had to forego the yassa because of the rice...next time we'll try the atieka - if we can eat yams, we certainly can eat cassava.

Today things quickly spiraled out of control.  We went to elevation for our regular Sunday lunch but I had waited too long to eat (ate breakfast at 830 and it was 230 by the time we sat down) and my blood sugar had dropped substantially.  My plan was to go to Wegman's and get the Boathouse green goodness drink but instead I had a sample of the fresh squeezed honey tangerine juice, then I tried a sample of the fresh squeezed blood orange juice.  We were hooked and the kids wanted to buy a container but it was far too expensive, so we had a few more samples.  Finally I decided to buy a bunch of oranges so that I could make some at home.  By the time I got into the car I felt like I had just went on a sugar binge and ruined my Whole 30.  I told the kids that we would have to eat the oranges for dessert instead of making empty calorie juice.

I'm heading to the kitchen to make dinner and prepare for tomorrow with the hope that this weak will be far less hectic than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment