Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tasty tails

My friend is claiming that my Whole 30 experience has been hectic because I'm ridiculous...supposedly "normal" people don't cook breakfast every weekday morning.  I have begun to go with the flow a little better...this morning was chicken steak and spinach - quick and easy.

I'm loving this simple food thing.  Dinner was absolutely delicious and relatively easy because the crockpot is my best buddy.   This afternoon I put celery, onions, garlic, thyme, cilantro (on its last legs), and tomatoes in the crockpot - I seasoned that with a little jerk then added my oxtails and sprinkled on the brown meat seasoning, I topped it off with some leeks and let it cook in a little beef stock.

While waiting at ice hockey, I realized I had forgotten to cook the cabbage - my only solution was going to be the pressure cooker but was apprehensive that I'd end up with mushy cabbage.  I sauteed a half onion, cut up half a cabbage and threw it in, sprinkled on some seasoning and cooked under pressure for 5 minutes with a little chicken stock.

Dinner was lip smacking good, we didn't even miss the rice & pigeon peas - I only wish there were leftovers.  We topped it off with mango cream.

I'm nervous about next week - my cow share is just about finished, I am trying to get folks in on a new cow, but even so, it'll be at least 3 weeks before the cow is slaughtered and butchered - guess we'll be eating chicken (or lamb).

No comments:

Post a Comment