Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Compromises

My son has become addicted to mayonaise - of course mayo is not Whole 30, first of all the oil is not heart healthy and, like everything else, it contains sugar.  I've let him have mayo with his burgers though as an alternative to ketchup.  I've also been making tuna & chicken salad for the kid's lunch...

We're in our last week and my husband wants to continue the Whole 30 because he's feeling pretty good about our progress.  The kids have been counting down but I think I've come up with a compromise.  We'll keep "Whole 30" in the house but the kids will be able to have what they want at lunch & when we dine out or at friends, we'll allow ourselves to dabble in the occasional taboo items...I'm thinking that as long as I don't purchase those things, we should be good to go.

We did ok this weekend - largely because we stayed at home de-cluttering...it's as if the Whole 30 has had an impact on our whole life.

Friday night was our usual post-cookie-booth visit to Elevation; Saturday I made turkey bacon, leftover squash, and smoothies; lunch was burgers & kale; and dinner was slow cooked chicken sausage & cabbage.  This morning was chicken sausage and sweet potato homefries; lunch was the post-cookie-booth Elevation (I'm spending a small fortune on Elevation lettuce wraps); and tonight is going to be interesting.

We're going to several Superbowl parties and I planned to make dinner prior to our departure but that didn't happen so we'll be at the mercy of temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment