Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finding a balance

I have mixed feelings about my family's Whole 30 outcome - the seemingly insatiable hunger is beginning to be a little annoying.  I'm going to continue to press on by limiting simple carbs in the meals I prepare; frankly I no longer find them appealing.

Last night I "set it and forget it" - I pulled out my Showtime Rotisserie that had been collecting dust for at least 5 years.  I pressure cooked yams in cider (much sweeter than pineapple juice), and also had kale.  Everyone, including the unexpected dinner guests, enjoyed the meal.   

Since the entire family was home, lunch was our big meal today - I made lamb (be'geh) zigni.  I cut up a 2 pound top round (in hindsight I could have made the pieces bigger because lamb top is the most tender piece of the lamb leg) - I know a stew might not have been the best use of this cut but we enjoyed it anyway.  I sauteed eggplant and of course we had it with injera; I think ancient grains like teff and barley are fine in moderation.  I just need to figure out when I'll make the mac & cheese my son requested - maybe I'll compromise with a gluten-free pasta.  

I made a simple dinner - a refrigerator stir fry - made from onions, chicken, and tired veggies I found in the fridge, tossed with the lime, oyster sauce, fish sauce combo and served over the sweet potato starch noodles.  

I just need to find a way to balance my family.

1 comment:

  1. Meals sound great - Balancing Family.......let me know how that works out for you.
    Sincerely,
    In The Same Boat

    ReplyDelete