Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Winding down

I'm stuffed.  I made two of the three dishes I was planning for tonight.

I did Indonesian style mussels (garlic, ginger, celery, scallions, cilantro) and steamed eggplant.  I had the best steamed eggplant a few weeks ago in South Philly.  We stopped in a Chinese restaurant and ordered duck and eggplant.  I explained that I didn't want any cornstarch or sugar in my garlic sauce so the guy decided to steam it and toss in some sort of garlic soy concoction.  It was delicious and the inspiration for our veggies tonight.

I sliced an Indian eggplant, steamed it, and sauteed garlic in sesame oil with a little tamari and broth...tossed the eggplant in and then we ate.

After dinner I ended up making another batch of pseudo bananas foster...I stepped it up today with a dash of vanilla and apple pie seasoning.

Other than snapper, I have no idea what's on the menu next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment