Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Snow day soup

We just finished lunch and now my daughter wants dessert.  I told her I'd do the pseudo bananas foster but she's online looking up coconut flour recipes...I have no plans to bake anything.

I've been wanting coconut milk soup (tom kaa gai) all week and today was just right for making it.  I'm so glad I had galangal root and kaffir leaves in the freezer.

I brought my chicken stock to a boil, then simmered the galangal, kaffir leaves, and lemon grass; next I added the "seasonings" - fish sauce, lime, pineapple juice (substituting for sugar), and a chili pepper; I let the frozen seafood mix and mushrooms steep a bit and finally added coconut milk and cilantro.

Unfortunately I have to leave the comfort of my home to take my son to basketball practice but I am certainly looking forward to the late afternoon snack I'm planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment