Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, February 10, 2012

Food

We have been eating food this week, nothing spectacular, just food.  I've been having a little difficulty bouncing back after Sunday's fiasco.  Although Monday would have been Day 21, if we would were to hold fast to Whole 30 rules, it would be Day 1.  My family can't handle that kind of setback so we will finish up as planned on February 15th and my husband and I will start a fresh Whole 30.

I am beginning to feel the impacts of our moment of weakness...it's becoming more difficult to feel satisfied...my daughter is back to being constantly "hungry,"  my husband rummages for food, and I always seem to have a "taste for something."

I totally deviated from the menu that I made for the week...breakfast has become any protein and veggie combo I can make in under 20 minutes (everyone enjoyed the liver on Tuesday).  I did a couple of stir -fries for dinner and finally stepped it up on Thursday.

I put a whole cut up chicken in the crockpot with my staple onion & celery, sprinkled on a little cayenne then smeared on a concoction of dijon, grated ginger, minced garlic, bizarra, cardamon pods, and allspice; I topped it with dried apricots.  I think it could have passed for a Moroccan dish.

I finally have a decent muffin.  After two attempts at adjusting this blueberry muffin  recipe I switched to bananas for awesome results (relatively speaking); for the most part I followed the recipe except I replaced the honey with applesauce, added  2 T of coconut milk, and a dash of apple pie spice.  When Whole 30 is over I'll see what I can do with chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment