Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, February 13, 2012

Simple stir-fry

In order to maintain this way of eating, things must be as simple as possible.  I didn't make a menu for this week but I did go buy staples, including veggies & protein so I knew that I could at least get through Tuesday without a hitch.  

One thing's for certain is that I've used more celery and eggs during this Whole 30 than I have in my entire life.  We've been using a bunch and a half of celery and 2-3 dozen eggs per week, not to mention the nuts and other things we regularly consume.  

I made some adjustments to the caveman custard (additional banana, vanilla, and apple pie spice) and it was a hit, topped with berries, pistachios, and flax seed...needless to say I made another batch tonight because the morning flows so much better with a grab and go breakfast.  

Tonight I went basic - sesame oil, garlic, onions, chicken breast, ginger, broccoli slaw, celery tops, scallions, with a bit of broth and tamari over dangmyeon (sweet potato vermicelli noodles) - it could have been a japchae if I had stir fried the noodles as well.   

I'm loving simplicity.  

2 comments:

  1. It would have been interesting to see what your cholesterol was before and after the 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually might be able to do a comparison...I got blood work done a few months ago. Husband will have most useful stats, he got bood work in January & doc wants to do it again in March because of Whole 30. So we are sticking to it with modifications.

    ReplyDelete