Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Egg Foo Omelet

On cold snowy days I like to stay home and cook.  Since Pacific Island is the theme of today's lunch, I thought it made sense to kick it off with a related breakfast.  This really worked out because I couldn't figure out what to make for breakfast since I was out of sausage and have once again grown to dislike eggs of any kind.

I thought a twist on a veggie omelet might hit the spot so that's what I did.  Sauteed celery, onions, and garlic in sesame oil; added cabbage, mushrooms, and chicken; sprinkled on kelp season; then added eggs beaten with tamari and allspice.  I think it was more like fu yung hai than egg fu yung, but it worked...the kids wanted gravy but I had no desire to fool around with that.

Looking forward to lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment