Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, February 20, 2012

Regrouping

There was a bit of binging this weekend.  Cupcakes from Sistah's and pizza from Bertucci's.  I am thankful that I developed a bit of willpower after being on the Whole 30.  I ate 1/4 cupcake with just a tad bit of icing and I stayed away from the rolls at Bertucci's - I called myself balancing the pizza with 2 orders of tuscan vegetables and 1 order of tuscan wings; I think I was successful because I didn't have the same aftereffects I did with Manakeesh.

I didn't formally plan a menu for this week so I asked if anyone had any requests - qulwa & escabeche.  I still have no cow and I refuse to pay retail for beef so I went to WF for chicken because my husband suggested rotisserie (yet another gadget that's been collecting dust for years) but time was ticking so that wasn't really an option for last night.  Fortunately wild salmon was on sale $10.99/lb so I bought a piece.  I seasoned it with zatar and kurkum; sauteed spinach and eggplant on the side.  Very delicious.

I am so excited about the lamb order I placed this morning - top round, shoulder chops, loin chops, and ground lamb.  This will buy me sometime until I can get a cow share and I'm looking forward to some old favorites and some new creations!

1 comment:

  1. I binged too. Went up to NJ, and had way too much stuff that wasn't on my program. Back to reality now! It reminds you of how much better you felt while you were sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete