Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, February 17, 2012

On parole

I'm not sure if ending the Whole 30 was a good choice...I think the kids have been celebrating by eating who knows what...I did inform them that I don't intend to purchase any cereal or milk, they can finish the cereal we have in the house with almond milk.  I also let the husband know so that he doesn't buy any simple carb breakfast items.

Last night was touch and go because I was simply out of energy, but I pulled it together to make a meal that my daughter referred to as "unplanned" - I pulled boneless, skinless thighs out of the freezer, put in a celery top, seasoning, stock, and apple cider and cooked under pressure for 10 minutes then seared for a nice finish.  Meanwhile I steamed brussel sprouts in stock and made a balsamic mustard sauce to give it a little pizazz.  It wasn't bad for a 15 minute meal but it wasn't spectacular either.

Breakfast went ok with sausage and brussel sprouts but I made a bad choice for lunch - I had a kafta flatbread at Manakeesh and I think I suffered a some sort of carb letdown.This is kind of disappointing because I've been thinking about Bertucci's all week - perhaps I can go with a whole wheat crust to limit the impacts. 

Tonight I was finally able to make the dinner I've been planning for ages...duck bacon and pan seared scallops...absolutely luscious.  I've been lusting after duck bacon since I first saw it in Wegman's back in September...I was apprehensive about the cost because I was unsure of the taste...however a friend mentioned sometime ago that she tried the duck bacon so I went for it and bought frozen New England scallops from TJs.  My husband said it was awesome. 

I fried the bacon, removed it from the pan, then seared the scallops - luscious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment