Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ciao!

I was planning to boycott the kitchen until I went to Whole Foods to get a water refill and my friend asked what I was making for dinner...she was shocked when I said nothing and as I tried to explain my rationale I realized that I needed to suck it up and throw something together. 

I wanted to go meatless since we've been consuming so much beef so I thought a pasta with some sort of bean would be ample.  I knew I had a half box of capellini, so I decided on a white sauce - she suggested green peas so we read the nutrition facts and there are 4 grams of protein per serving.  Then she said, "too bad you don't eat pork because prosciutto would be great" - I told her I could substitute with turkey bacon and that's exactly what I did. 

Garlic, onions, cream cheese, half & half, mozzarella and peas over capellini with one piece of bacon on the side.  It wasn't the prettiest meal but my daughter said "it tastes way better than it looks" as she helped herself to thirds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment