Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Multigrain

I've been trying to be a bit more frugal when it comes to meals.  I've been accomplishing this largely by making meals out of what's available at home.  This cow share forces you to experiement with various cuts of meat.  We had delmonico steak Monday night for dinner and it was very good of course - lightly seasoned so that we could enjoy the flavor of the meat and savor the fresh killed smell.  The only issue was that I hadn't planned the side dish. 

Eating rice again didn't seem like the best plan and we didn't have any pasta.  I wanted to try to make risotto because that's what they do on Hell's Kitchen, but my internet search led me to believe that using jasmine or basmati would be disastrous, so I used oatmeal.  Not the real stuff (steel cut), the old fashioned (flattened groats) cooked in broth, then tossed with sauteed onions, peas, and parmesan added for flavoring. 

Savory oatmeal is definitely a side dish worth perfecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment