Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

From cherries to cheese

I'm starting to think I've substituted my cherry addiction with cheese.  It's to the point now that I'm satisfying my hunger with cheese and a piece of fruit.  According to Mastering Cheese, the tyrosine in the cheese is fostering this addiction. 

I dashed to Whole Foods this evening between dropping my son off at soccer practice and heading to my daughter's second back to school night.  I bought concord grapes because they reminded me of the grape juice I used to drink as a child - I think this was a mistake though because my lips started itching, I kept eating them anyway, until my throat started to itch; I also picked up the metropolitan brie, but then I thought I should try something new - I met someone at the doctor's office yesterday that recommended Carlino's cheese shop and wished me well on my cheese journey - so I picked up delice de bourgogne and foolishly asked the clerk to help me distinguish between that and the brie.  He stated the obvious - it's softer and creamier - duh.  It was actually saltier, almost like a luxurious lebnah.

It's definitely time to move on from Whole Foods and perhaps brie.  Something about buying cheese at WF seems sanitized - the wonderful cheese smell is absent, largely because it's all wrapped in plastic...sucking the life right out of it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment