Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Enhanced

Miraculously I did not have any cheese cravings today.  I had my morning apple and brie and was fine for the remainder of the day. 

While I was in south philly, I stopped by the store to get a few things.  There was an entire wall of noodles, I suppose to supply the range of Asians in the area.  The pancit noodles were half way down the aisle, and the Thai noodles were a few feet further.  I wish I had picked up the basil and cilantro but I hadn't planned on needing them anytime soon.

I was finished with my hair appointment sooner than expected, this enabled me to cook dinner...it seems like I haven't cooked in ages.  I had taken chipped steak out of the freezer but I wasn't sure if it was going to work for cheesesteaks (sometimes chipped steak is cut too thick) so I thought I'd do a Korean style stir fry but ended up making pad kee mao since I had the rice flakes.

We enjoyed our meal but now I have a bit of a conundrum on my hands - the sauce for pad kee mao is basically a concoction of 4 sauces; although i made sure to avoid MSG, each sauce is loaded with sodium, hence the dish might as well be ramen noodles...maybe not that bad, but bad enough.  Fortunately we maintain a low sodium diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment