Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, September 9, 2011

Cookie cake

Ghirardelli chocolate chips were on sale at Target so I bought a bag and a bar thinking that I would make brownie cupcakes.  Then I thought how great it would be if I could make chocolate chip cupcakes.  I haven't had a chocolate chip cupcake or muffin that appeals to me - the cake part is always wrong. 

I decided to transform my cookie recipe into a cupcake recipe by just altering the proportions.  I got a little carried away when I decided to go multi grain - I used unbleached white wheat flour, barley flour, and ground oats - this resulted in an almost cookie like texture that I haven't yet decided I like.  The flavor is exactly what I was looking for, although I wonder if I might need to reduce the amount of chocolate chips. 

I couldn't resist making a chocolate cream cheese icing - it was delicious and really set the cakes off.  I'm not sure my son likes it because he commented that it tastes similar to the other icings I've made - what can I say, I'm not a buttercream girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment