Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Scraps & sweets

I still haven't made it to Hmart but that's just as well because I was forced to utilize the remnants of the refrigerator.  I did a fried rice for lunch with onions, garlic, ground beef, a bit of oyster sauce, carrots, celery, and frozen peas, and a bit of tamari.  Everyone loved it. 

We desperately needed a dessert so I did a brownie cupcake based on the Ghirardelli recipe on the baking chocolate bar - I just added milk and baking soda to make them more "cake like."

The biggest problem I've been having with this cupcake maker is the tops- my last few batches have come out flat - perhaps it's the whole wheat flour, or maybe I'm not filling them enough - but they always need icing to make them look like something.

I couldn't think of a complimentary icing- marshmallow fluff or caramel might be nice but I didn't have either in stock, so I thought about a caramel glaze but that wouldn't serve the purpose of providing height so I did a brown sugar cream cheese icing (yes, I'm running cream cheese in the ground) and I topped it with a morello cherry.  Needless to say, I had several...now I need to figure out what's for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment