Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grazing grads

When I headed out the door towards a gathering in Brooklyn I realized that I was empty handed. I could have grabbed the cookies I made for the secretaries at my kid's school but then I would have had to make more so my only solution was a cheese plate.

I've never made a cheese plate AND I'm on a budget so I went basic: grapes, almonds, a domestic brie, and a bottle of pelligrino in case there wasn't a nonalcoholic option.  Buying cheese at Whole Foods is a non event - I wasn't confident that the "clerk" would be able to direct me to something worthwhile so I went inexpensive with metropolitan...it seemed ludicrous to pay a premium at a retail chain.

While we chatted about flooding vulnerability, urban farming, GMOs in Argentina, and the potential impact of nanontechnology; I grazed almost continuously on hummus, watermelon, sun golds, cheese, and the other snacks.  I followed that by a lemon verbana mint iced tea and a cup of potato leek soup (I had to pass on the chorizo/kale). I was literally stuffed by the time the panqueques con dulce de leche was presented but I had to oblige because it was authentically Argentinan.

Grazing beats snacking any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment