Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A quick treat

Yesterday I went to DiBruno's with my aunt and was captivated. I haven't been there in years but as soon as you walk in the door you are greeted with an assortment of pickled treats and the pungent aroma of cheese.
I quickly told myself I wasn't going to buy anything. I fell in love with primadonna at DiBrunos almost 10 years ago, but I couldn't resist and decided to get a stuffed grape leaf and some seafood mix as a light snack.

I made the mistake of inquiring about the roaster of their house label coffee beans and I was sold when they said One Village, so I bought a bag of the family blend. 

My aunt tasted so many olives and so much cheese that she was stuffed by the time we left. She kept giving me stuff to try - I liked the gruyere, didn't care for the emmental, and parm regg is far too dry to eat as a snack. Then I messed up and had midnight moon, a goat gouda. I love chevre cheese but this was beyond expectations so I bought a piece AND a piece of primadonna. 

I came home home and brewed an excellent cup of coffee then went into sticker shock when I saw that midnight moon is $28/pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment