Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Roving gourmet

On the surface my friend and I are an odd couple - there's age, culture, occupational, religious, and ethnic differences, however we mesh philosophically and intellectually...and we have a great time when we get together.  Unfortunately this isn't often because she moved to the west coast and has been traveling the world and working on reality tv sets for the past 5 years.

We were going to meet up for coffee but I had my one cup allotment this morning so La Colombe was not an option.  We headed to Center City and she suggested Tria.  I said ok but got a little nervous as we approached a wine-beer-cheese cafe.  We sat by the window and ordered water.

We ordered 3 bruschetta and enjoyed the brie and cherry combination so much that we ordered another.  We shared a smoked chicken and cheddar sandwich because she wanted to support local (Lancaster) cheese.  And the dessert was absolutely delicious - banana, caramel, and mascarpone panino.

From start to finish the meal was relatively inexpensive with appropriate portions.  Not to mention the great conversation I had with one of my favorite people. 

I plan to recreate the bruschetta with a bit of brie and the morello cherries in my fridge or perhaps some hydrated dried cherries. I also suspect that the dessert will become a household favorite.   

No comments:

Post a Comment